WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg Pre Update Audit
What is it?
The short version – Gutenberg is the new WordPress editor part of the upcoming WordPress 5.0 update. WordPress 5.0 is a much more extensive update than past releases. It has been highly publicized that the new WordPress Editor (Gutenberg) is going to completely change the way that site owners create and manage their content. WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg will impact everyone using WordPress, and the changes will be visible even to those who simply add new blog posts once in a while.
Why should you care?
WordPress is actively moving towards larger scale updates, and 5.0 will mark the beginning of this trend. While there are always risks with updating any software package, the changes introduced within WordPress 5.0 are significant and a lot of sites will encounter problems. The dashboard interface will also completely change, and this will cause confusion for anyone who has not prepared properly. For this reason we are recommending that everyone take steps to prepare their sites, familiarize themselves with Gutenberg, and make well informed decisions on how to proceed.
Let us do the work!
We are happy to make these preparations for you.
- Audit your plugins and themes
- Remove any plugins or themes that are no longer needed
- Identify any plugins that will not be compatible with WordPress 5.0 and develop plans to replace or remove them
- Help ensure that any paid plugin subscriptions are up to date
- Set up a staging environment and install the Gutenberg plugin to test how the 5.0 update will impact your site
- Review impact of edit and create a plan to correct any compatibility issues and errors
- Help end users become familiar with the new Gutenberg Editor’s interface
- Install the WordPress classic editor on the live site to prevent the WordPress 5.0 update from breaking anything and temporarily delay the roll out of the Gutenberg editor
We know you want to know how much your project will cost, but we need a little more information to give you a fair estimate.