Configure Google Search Console/Webmaster Tools for a Domain
What is it?
Google Analytics is an important tool for both troubleshooting and tracking traffic on a web site. It allows for the tracking of information such as who visits a site, where they are coming from, and how they got there. These statistics can be very helpful for tracking the success of any marketing campaigns and the overall effectiveness of your site. It can also be crucial when trying to identify problems or block malicious users.
Why should you care?
Analytics provide insight into what is actually happening on a web site. It is highly recommended that all sites leverage analytics to monitor and record traffic over time. Even if the information is not actively used immediately, it can provide important data to help with future marketing campaigns of all types. And as stated, it is very helpful for troubleshooting security issues in many instances.
Let us do the work!
If site does not have Google’s Webmaster Tools/Search Console connected to the domain….
- Create a new Google account designated for Webmaster tools OR use requested account
- Add all versions (www/root, http/https) of site to Search Console
- Verified using Google Analytics or FTP
- Submit site map
- Set appropriate default record (www or root)
- Set location
- Submit site for indexing
- Invite individuals as needed
- Document all settings and account information
If site already is configured…
- We will double check setup and confirm the basics were configured properly.
- We will set ourselves up to receive notifications from Google.
- If we receive any alerts we will immediately let you know the issue and help you to resolve things as quickly as possible.
For those who like a good DIY!
Google’s starter guide on getting your site setup on webmaster tools
Google review of Webmaster tools, what it is and why it’s important
References and next step recommendations by Google