Email Hosting Migration
What is it?
It’s never pretty, but occasionally companies and individuals are in a position where they need to change email providers. Either moving off of that hosting email that the company founder bought when the internet was first created or moving between Microsoft Exchange and G Suite.
Why should you care?
Moving email is unfortunately not as simple as setting up a new account and pointing the domain. Most companies and individuals don’t want to lose new incoming emails in the process, a lot of additional items like business calendars and contacts are also saved with your email client and need to be moved, content from your original address needs to be moved over, email addresses for a company need to be setup, email clients need to be configured, etc.
Let us do the work!
We are happy to:
- Gather data on what needs to be moved and from where
- Configure email accounts within new email provider’s system
- Provide documentation/information to aid users in connecting to the new mailboxes
- Configure 3rd party tools to migrate content between systems
- Coordinate the migration of email content between systems
- Update MX and other DNS records to enable new email system
- Test email flow and document all settings for future reference
*Note that there will often be interruptions to mail flow as DNS propagates. Certain tasks can be performed off hours to reduce the overall impact, but additional charges will apply for after hours work
We know you want to know how much your project will cost, but we need a little more information to give you a fair estimate.