What is it?
Mailgun is a third party email provider that allows for automation of sending, receiving and tracking emails sent from a website or an app.
Why should you care?
In general, web servers are not email servers, and with most people using hosted services, many websites do not live on a server that they can relay mail off of. This means if you are sending any emails directly from your website to confirm orders or purchases, membership confirmation or update emails, etc., you should use Mailgun or a similar service to reliably send those emails.
Let us do the work!
We are happy to:
- Configure a base Mailgun Account for a client
- Document access information for the account
- Update DNS with required records or provide required a listing of records required
- Install a plugin on a WordPress to override server settings and use Mailgun for sending
- Cut site over to send through Mailgun
- Provide login information to client
This task takes between 2-4 hours