SSL Certification Installation
What is it?
Secure Sockets Layer – SSL – is the technology for encrypting links between a server and a browser. This ensures that any data passed between the website and your server (forms, payments, etc.) is protected and remains private.
Why should you care?
If you are collecting any data or contact information on your site you should have an SSL certificate to protect it, making it one of the steps in becoming GDPR compliant. Even if you don’t collect data, major search engines (such as Google) block and negatively rank sites that do not have an SSL certificate properly installed.
Let us do the work!
- Obtain a certificate from a 3rd party certifying authority or web host
- Apply the above certificate to a web site
- Ensure that basic steps are taken to alert Google that the site is now encrypted
- Ensure that all http links are updated to https and that no insecure content messages are displayed when browsing the site
- Ensure that all traffic is forced/redirected to https
We know you want to know how much your project will cost, but we need a little more information to give you a fair estimate.